How often do you need to have your air ducts cleaned? How is duct cleaning performed? How do I know if my vents need to be cleaned? These are questions the homeowners all over Mississauga have been asking for years.
The following article will provide you with the answers to the above questions and more! Keep reading to find out all you need to know about duct cleaning Mississauga.
How to Duct Cleaning Q&A
How Frequently Do I Need To Clean My Air Ducts?
Generally speaking, you should have your air ducts cleaned every two to three years. However, you might need to get them cleaned more frequently if you have issues such as allergies, have recently have construction or anyone in your home suffers from respiratory issues. As well, if you have pets or live in an older home, you may need to clean your air ducts once a year.
How Do I Know If My Air Ducts Need To Be Cleaned?
Following are some of the signs that it may be time for residential air duct cleaning:
- If you recently purchased your home or are moving in the near future, it is always a good idea to clean out your air ducts. As well, if you have recently renovated your home, it is always best to have your duct work cleaned as sawdust, fiberglass and other debris from the renovation process can accumulate in your duct system.
- Does anyone in your household smoke? Smoke gets trapped in the air ducts and can interfere with the air quality in your home.
- Do you have pets? Pet dander, as well as other dirt and debris, can get stuck in the HVAC system and cause issues with the airflow.
- If you are noticing that your home has a musty or moldy smell, it is time to have your air ducts professionally cleaned. As well, if you notice mold, dust accumulation or bug or rodent infestation, your air ducts need to be thoroughly cleaned as soon as possible to prevent health issues.
- Do any members of your household suffer from allergies or respiratory issues such as COPD or asthma? Dirty air ducts can make these conditions worse for those suffering from existing health issues.
- Those who have noticed a significant increase on their electric bills may be in need of duct cleaning. Clogged vents will cause your HVAC system to go into overdrive, which will put unnecessary wear and tear on the unit, causing your heating and cooling costs to increase As well; it can reduce the lifespan of your HVAC system.
How is Duct Cleaning Performed?
Air duct cleaning is best performed by a professional and experienced cleaning company. They possess the necessary skill and equipment to handle the job properly. As well, they will inspect your HVAC system and duct work to ensure that everything is in good working condition.
Upon their arrival, they will first inspect the system to see how much cleaning will need to be performed. At this time, they will also make sure that there are no leaks or cracks in your duct work. They will then clean your air ducts using regulated equipment such as a professional vacuum system that will clean out any dirt, bugs, pet dander and other debris from your system. Typically, the equipment is either mounted to the utility truck or hand held quality duct cleaning equipment. The cleaning team will clean your full system including the air ducts, supply and return vents, grills, diffusers and so forth. They will repair any damages during this process as well as remove any and all debris that may be clogging your air vents. Upon finishing, they will remove any dirt that has accumulated during the process and will properly and safely seal your vents.
Contact Comfort Clean if you have any more questions about how duct cleaning is performed. We will provide you with a free quote for our services. Give us a call today!