Did you know that clogged dryer vents are one of the top reasons for house fires? Simply by having your dryer vents cleaned, you can reduce the risk of a house fire. But how much does dryer vent cleaning cost? And how often should you have your dryer vents cleaned?
The following article will give estimates for dryer vent cleaning as well as advice on how often you should have them professionally cleaned. As well, we will discuss how you can tell it is time to have your dryer ductwork and vents cleaned.
Facts About Dryer Vent Cleaning
Cleaning your dryer vents is the best way to prevent lint build-up which can not only cause a fire but can also lead to excessive wear and tear on your clothes dryer. Like most homeowners, you probably use your washer and dryer almost daily. Therefore, it is imperative that you have your dryer vents cleaned regularly. You are probably wondering how much is dryer vent cleaning?
Typically, professional cleaning for dryer vents can run anywhere from $90-$500. The price may vary depending on the length and location of your dryer vent. However, keep in mind that the cost of dryer vent cleaning is far less than the cost of recovering from a house fire that has been caused by clogged vents.
Importance of Dryer Vent Cleaning
Following are some of the reasons why it is important to clean your dryer vents:
- If your dryer vents are not cleaned it could cause your dryer to overheat which can damage both the unit and your clothes.
- As well, clogged dryer vents can cause your energy bills to skyrocket as your dryer has to work overtime to properly dry your clothes.
- If you have a gas dryer, a clogged vent can lead to the release of harmful gases such as carbon monoxide, which is a health hazard, especially for those with breathing issues.
- Clogged dryer vents are one of the number one causes of house fires worldwide.
- Not cleaning your dryer vents can cause unnecessary wear and tear on the dryer, which can lead to costly repairs or having to completely replace your dryer unit.
How to Tell Your Dryer Vents Need to Be Cleaned
- Your clothes, towels, etc smell musty after having been dried.
- Your clothes and other items are hotter than usual when you remove them from the dryer. As well, the laundry room will start to feel overheated.
- Your clothes are not drying fully in one cycle.
- The lint catcher on your unit is getting dirtier and fuller much faster.
- Your energy bills are increasing with no obvious explanation.
It is imperative that you do your part as well. Clean the lint trap on your dryer after each load of laundry and report any damages to your unit as soon as you notice them. Call a professional cleaning company to clean your dryer vents every six to twelve months or if you notice any of the above warning signs. This could prolong the life of your dryer as well as prevent house fires.
Comfort Clean can assist you with any questions you may have including how much does dryer vent cleaning cost. We will offer you a free quote for professional dryer vent cleaning as well as air duct cleaning.