Even if you just recently had your duct cleaning performed, you can still inspect a couple of areas to ensure that your duct is still clean. You should start by checking your air filter. There should not be much if any dust buildup in this area. Also, remove your vent covers and check for dust in this area as well. It too should be free of dust and debris. There are a few other areas you can check to see if it is time to have duct cleaning performed again. The heater and blower section should be dust free. Also, your air conditioner coils should not have dust accumulated on them either. Simply shine a flashlight into the cooling coil to check this area.
Between Servicing Maintenance
You can help keep your HVAC system running smoothly between professional air duct cleaning services by performing the following steps:
- Be certain to change your air filters on a regular basis.
- Make sure your vents have the proper filters if they require them.
- You should dust and vacuum your house on a regular schedule as well. Do not wait between cleanings thinking that you are preventing dust from ‘stirring up’ by not performing the task. This only enhances the dust issue.
- Decide if your home needs a humidifier or a dehumidifier. Once you decide which one your home requires, use it regularly.
- During the warmer months when the air conditioner is in use, keep a close watch on the cooling coil to assure that there are no dust, dirt, or debris accumulations.
- Assure that your ducts are sealed as they should be. Also assure that the access areas to your basement, crawl space, or attic are secure so no unwanted critters can gain entry and cause issues with your duct work.
Don’t Neglect to Clean Your Duct System
It is vitally important to maintain a clean duct system. One of the reasons for this is to keep family and employees healthy. A dirty duct system is a serious threat to the respiratory system of healthy individuals. If someone has issues with their breathing, such as asthma or COPD, a dirty duct system can be life-threatening. By maintaining a clean duct system, the allergens in the air are reduced, so it is important to have the duct system cleaned on a regular basis. How often is a regular basis, you ask? It is recommended that you have this maintenance performed at least once in a calendar year.
When you are ready to assure that your duct system is in a clean working condition, order the professionals at Comfort Clean to perform the cleaning of your home or business. All of our staff is professionally trained and trusted to perform the highest quality of work and customer service.