Is it time to get those air ducts cleaned? Thinking about hiring a professional cleaning company to do the task for you? Not quite sure how does duct cleaning work and what does it involve? How do you know when you need to have your ducts clean and inspected?
In this article, we shall give you a brief guide into the importance of air duct cleaning, how it works and how often you should have your air ducts cleaned.
What is air duct cleaning?
As air pollution is a concern for homeowners, regular air duct cleaning is a good way to protect the earth as well as to promote healthy air in your home. Air duct and vent cleaning involves cleaning the components of forced air systems (heating and cooling) This includes the supply/return registers, air ducts, diffusers, grilles, heating and cooling coils, heat exchangers, fan housing and motor, drain pans and the unit housing.
How Does Air Cleaning Work?
Now you may be asking yourself, air duct cleaning how does it work? Below is a quick explanation of what will take place when you hire professional air duct cleaners.
- Your ducts will be inspected to see how much duct and vent cleaning needed. As well, they will inspect your system for any leaks or cracks.
- The cleaning team will use regulated equipment including a vacuum system to remove any debris from your ductwork. The equipment is either handheld or mounted to their company vehicle.
- The cleaners will use motorized or manual brushes. These brushes are inserted via the ductwork to remove any loose dust, dirt and debris.
- The duct cleaners will clean the entirety of your ductwork, including all of the aforementioned parts, while inspecting for and repairing any damaged components.
- Upon finishing the task, the team will seal up your ducts and vents and remove any debris.
How Often Should You Have Your Ducts Cleaned Professionally?
It is recommended to have your air ducts cleaned every three to five years. However, other factors contribute to how often you need air duct cleaning. These include the following:
- Does anyone in your home smoke?
- Does anyone in your home suffer from allergies? Or respiratory issues such as asthma, emphysema, or COPD?
- Do you have epts?
- Have you recently moved or had home renovations?
- Are you noticing mold, mildew or bug/rodent infestation, especially around your vents and ductwork? As well, are you noticing an increase of dust or other debris in your home?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, we recommend that you have your air ducts cleaned more frequently. You can have them cleaned yearly or bi-yearly to promote healthy air and a clean environment for anyone living in your home.
For more info on how does air duct cleaning work or a free quote for duct cleaning, contact Comfort Clean. We can answer all of your questions and provide top-notch professional air duct and dryer vent cleaning.