“Should I clean my air ducts” is something that most North York homeowners have asked themselves at some point. Is air duct cleaning beneficial? How often should you have your air vents cleaned?
The following article will discuss duct cleaning North York including when and if it is needed. We will touch on the reasons why professional air vent cleaning is indeed beneficial for homeowners.
Why Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
Having the ducts in your home cleaned is one of the best ways to promote healthy and clean air. If anyone in your family suffers from issues such as emphysema, asthma, COPD, or any other respiratory conditions, duct cleaning can eliminate the air pollutants that can intensify the symptoms of these conditions.
As well, if you suspect that there are mold issues in your home, air duct cleaning can help eliminate mold growth. Mold often forms in dark and damp spaces like attics, crawl spaces, and even air vents.
Air vents tend to accumulate large amounts of pollen, dust, dander, and other such air contaminants. As air circulates through your home, these particles are then picked up and dispersed throughout your home. This can cause many of the issues previously mentioned as well as possible infestation of rodents or bugs. And to make matters worse, clogged vents can cause a sizable increase in your energy bills.
How Often Should I Have My Air Ducts Cleaned?
Most experts advise that your air ducts should be cleaned every two to three years. This is ideally the best way to ensure that your HVAC system is running as it should. Additionally, regular duct cleaning will help extend the life of your forced-air system.
A system that is backed up with dirt and other debris will have to work twice as hard to circulate air. This of course will cause excessive wear and tear on your HVAC system. This could lead to expensive repairs in the future. In fact, you might have to replace your entire HVAC system if it is not regularly cleaned and maintained.
However, these are some scenarios in which you might need to have your vents cleaned more often. Following are some of these factors:
- If you have pets as their dander and fur can become trapped in the ductwork.
- If anyone in your home is a smoker.
- If you notice that your energy bill is suddenly higher than usual for that time of year, and you cannot pinpoint an exact cause.
- If you are having to dust and vacuum more than usual. This may be due to an excessive build-up of dust, dander, and other debris in your air vents.
- If you have had any type of construction on your home. Dust and other particles from the renovation work can be stuck in your air vents.
- If anyone in your home is showing an increase in symptoms for allergies or other related illnesses.
- If you notice a moldy smell coming from the vents.
- If you are spotting more insects or rodent droppings, especially near your air vents.
You can clean your vents on your own, but it is best to opt for professional duct cleaning. This will ensure that your air vents are cleaned thoroughly and properly with state-of-the-art, industry-approved equipment.
If you need more information on “should I clean my air ducts,” please contact Comfort Clean. We can assess the situation as well as provide you with a free estimate for both air duct and dryer vent cleaning. Call us today to take the first step to provide a healthier, cleaner, and happier home.