Homeowners put a lot of work into cleaning their homes. This includes regular daily chores, weekly cleaning tasks, and deep cleaning such as Spring cleaning. However, certain projects like deep carpet cleaning and air duct cleaning should be left to a professional cleaning service. When it comes to air duct cleaning, the most often asked question is “How often should you clean your ducts?”
The following blog will provide insight as to when it is necessary to hire professional air duct cleaning services Toronto to properly clean your air ducts.
How Often Should You Clean Your Ducts?
As a general rule, most cleaning companies that handle air duct cleaning will recommend that homeowners have their air ducts cleaned at least once a year. Air ducts need to be cleaned at least annually and the greatest amount of time one should go between air duct cleanings is no greater than three years. However, as previously stated yearly duct and vent cleanings are the recommended option.
How often duct cleaning is needed relies on many factors. If you are starting to notice things such as rodent droppings, bug or rodent infestation, and more frequent cleaning due to excessive dust and dirt, it is definitely time for professional duct cleaning.
If these issues remain unresolved, those who suffer from allergy symptoms might start to experience heightened issues. As well, those with respiratory issues such as asthma may also notice that their breathing issues have worsened. At this point, it is imperative that you have your ducts cleaned as soon as possible.
If you have any of the following factors, you should schedule an air duct cleaning service as soon as possible, according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
- If you reside in an older home
- If someone in the home suffers from allergies or breathing issues
- If your home accumulates a lot of dust
- If you have not had your air ducts cleaned in the last 1-3 years
- Live in a household with pets
- If anyone in your home is a smoker
- If there are children or elderly persons living in the home
Signs thats is Needed
- Increase of dust on floors and furniture
- Increase in allergic reactions
- Heightened breathing difficulties in those with respiratory illnesses
- Notice dust around vents and ducts
- The overwhelming feeling of restless or exhaustion due to poor air quality in the home
As far as how often should you clean your ducts should preferably be Springtime or Winter. In the Spring, there is a higher instance of pollen in the air which could get trapped in your air ducts. However, in Winter, your home is more closed off so more dirt and debris can get trapped in your vents. This is why semi-annual cleaning before the Winter seasons and during the Spring is beneficial for Toronto area residents.
Call Comfort Clean to schedule professional air duct cleaning to promote healthy air quality and clean air ducts for your home!