Trying to find the best Ontario duct cleaners to clean your air ducts? With so many companies to choose from, you might feel a bit overwhelmed. Let us give you some tips on how to choose the right company.
Duct cleaners must possess the right equipment and know-how to do the job properly. We will give you some helpful advice, so you can make an informed decision, which can save you time and money.
Choosing the Right Ontario Duct Cleaners for the Job
- Use Google
One of the best ways to find out which duct cleaners are in your area would be to do an online search. For example, you could simply google the term “duct cleaning Mississauga” and let Google do the search for you.
- Check out Company Websites
A reputable duct cleaning company will have a professional-looking website with all the pertinent information displayed. Always check to see how long the company has been in business. It is better to go with an established cleaning company than one that is just starting up.
- Get Estimates
You should speak with at least three companies and request a written estimate before making your decision. A respectable company will be able to answer all of your questions and provide you with an honest estimate for the job,
- Look At Online Reviews
Most Ontario duct cleaners will have a place on their website where their customers can leave reviews. It is always a good idea to give these reviews a quick glance. However, they are often biased. If you want to get honest and unbiased reviews, look on other sites such as Angie’s List, Google, or Yelp.
- Word of Mouth
Another good way to get first-hand information about a reputable duct cleaning company is to ask friends, neighbors, and work colleagues who they have used for duct cleaning. This will help you obtain the information you might not find online.
How Often Do You Need to Hire Ontario Duct Cleaners?
Typically, you should have your air ducts professionally cleaned every two to three years. However, there are some instances in which it should be done more frequently, such as once a year. Use these questions to determine if you need annual air duct cleaning:
- Does anyone in your household smoke? Smoke can get trapped in the air vents and can alter the air quality in your home. If you or anyone else in your home is a smoker, you should have your ducts cleaned more frequently.
- Does anyone in your home suffer from allergies or respiratory issues? Those with asthma, allergies and other respiratory ailments would benefit from an annual air duct cleaning. Dust, mold, dander, and other particles get stuck in your vent system, causing the air quality to suffer.
- Do you have pets? Pet hair and dander can also get trapped in your air ducts and lead to poor air quality. If you have furry friends in your home, you should have your ducts professionally cleaned every year.
- Have you purchased a new home or recently renovated your home? New homes, as well as those that have been recently renovated, may have quite a bit of dust and other debris trapped in the air duct system. If this is the case, should you schedule professional air vent cleaning?
- Are your electric bills increasing? If your air ducts are backed up, your HVAC system will have to work twice as hard to circulate the air through the system. This of course will cause your utility cost to skyrocket. Simply cleaning your air vents can lower your heating and cooling bills.
Comfort Clean will gladly provide you with a free quote for professional air duct cleaning. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment!